Serverless Java with Spring Boot
Serverless technologies have one clear goal: enabling developers to focus on delivering value while the platform takes care of all the infrastructural concerns. How does Java fit into this space?
In this masterclass, you will learn:
- the main features of serverless architectures;
- adopting a functional programming paradigm in Java;
- implementing business logic as functions using Spring Cloud Function;
- consuming Java functions via HTTP in serverless environments on cloud platforms and Kubernetes;
- building event-driven Java applications using Spring Cloud Stream;
- integrating Spring Boot applications with event brokers like RabbitMQ and Kafka;
- defining unit and integration tests for functions and event-driven applications;
- processing and streaming data using Spring Cloud Data Flow.
Prerequisites: familiarity with Java and core Spring.