SOLD OUT: Cloud Native Development with Quarkus
Cloud native development means running on the cloud (obviously), releasing on a rapid cadence, and automated testing, so that you have the confidence to release often. Traditional Java didn’t make this particularly easy, but Quarkus does.
This masterclass introduces Quarkus, and shows how develop, test, and deploy a microservices application. Along the way we’ll cover TDD with Quarkus, contract testing, developer services, REST applications, Hibernate and persistence, authentication with JWT and keycloak, native compilation, GraalVM, packaging, troubleshooting, how to integrate with Kubernetes, health checks, metrics, and observability. If time permits, we will cover custom extensions and reactive programming.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to be cloud native
- The test pyramid and beyond
- TDD with Quarkus
- Writing a Quarkus REST application
- Persistence with Hibernate and Panache
- Microservices with Quarkus
- JWT and Keycloak
- Deciding between native and Java compilation
- Deploying Quarkus apps to Kubernetes
- Troubleshooting + observability